Saturday, June 19, 2004

I Have Hepatitis C

The purpose of this Blog is... well... it has two purposes. Firstly, it's a place for me to write about how I'm feeling. Hopefully that will help me sort out my own feelings. Things have been pretty confused in my head since I received the bad news a few months ago. My thoughts have been swinging between positive and strong, and depressed and terrified.
The second purpose is to hopefully find other people that are in my shoes.
My situation is this: I'm a 34-year old woman, recently married, planning children. I donated blood in November 2003, and in February 2004 I got a letter in the mail saying my blood had been rejected, and I later found out it was because I had the Hepatitis C Virus.
I won't be trying the only known cure for HepC(the old Interferon/Ribavin thingy) because it has a very low possiblity of working and just sounds like an incredibly unhealthy way to treat your body.
So I've decided to live with the virus, and look after myself as best as I can by eating well, exercising regularly and being positive.
Even though I have a wonderfully supportive husband, I don't know anyone else in my situation, and so I feel rather scared and alone. I truly hope that someone reading this will make a comment on my Blog, saying that they are in a similar situation, and we can share what we know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Layla said...

My name is Layla, I tested positive to HEPATITIS B December last year when I had severe ribs pain and swollen stomach, I was told it has no cure at the hospital, but the doctor gave me some drugs to slow down the viral load and it became worse after some time. Out of frustration, I went online for more info about the ailment and cure, and luckily I found a comment about Iyabiye’s herbal treatment and how he has cured people with it. I contacted him and I tested negative to the virus after I completed the treatment.You too can be free. Contact:+234-815-857-7300 (iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com)

2:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home