Saturday, July 10, 2004

I've started

I've started reading a book about overcoming depression. So far it's cheered me up just reading it! It talks about how the kinds of things we tell ourselves, and how our thoughts sometimes get confused with reality. For example we might think we're totally useless, but the reality is that's an exaggeration - nobody's TOTALLY useless!
Anyway, what I've found is that it works well to check myself when I have a negative thought (eg. "I'm not going to be able to do this") and change it to a positive thought (eg. "I can do anything").
I like that "I can do anything" phrase because it's true - it's just that I keep forgetting it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Filosofette
I have just come across your blog - and am sorry to discover no more entries since summer 2004! I thought your entry about how you felt after diagnosis very moving - and very similar to my own thoughts and feelings when I was first diagnosed. I just wish I had written it down so eloquently for my weblog - My Hepatitis C Weblog at www.ronmetcalfe.com/blog. I hope you'll visit and comment on how you're doing...
Ron

11:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home