Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Fibrosis 2

Gosh. It was amazing to get so many comments on my last Blog advising me not to put off the treatment.

I've taken your comments on board and I know what you mean.

The year of "work committments" that I spoke of, break down into two parts.

Firstly, I'll be overeas for six months, from May to October, and there's absolutely no way to get out of that.

After I get back, there's another six months left in the job I'm doing now. This job is mentally demanding and many hour's drive away from the doctor's office, which is why I had decided not to do the treatment while I'm here. But, after further consideration, I think that I could do it. After all, I'll be able to give myself the shots after a couple of practice runs, and I do have incredible support from my husband who is willing to put his own work on hold to help me out with mine if I start to struggle.

So I guess I could just wait until I get back from overseas, which will be six months, instead of a year.

The last three years has been very quiet, and would have been an ideal time to go through this treatment. Seems to be a pattern in my life that there are periods of nothing happening at all, and then all of a sudden everything happens at once!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Colam said...

Hi

Taking 6 months to get used to the idea of starting treatment may not be a bad idea, you can use the time to prepare yourself mentally and physically for the interferon.

Not wanting to take all the fun out of life it would be a good idea to quit drinking, and anything you can do to help your liver would be a good idea.

Not sure if you are aware but fibrosis can over time revert back to healthy liver tissue.

Good luck
Jonathan

7:17 am  
Blogger steve said...

Hi Filosofette, I am sorry to hear that your liver has advanced to stage 3, I have my first biopsy next week, it must be horrible when you get that sort of news back, I am preparing myself for the worst. On your blog you said you qualify for the latest treatment, what treatment is this?
all the best
Steve

9:43 am  
Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Dear Filosofette,

I'd also be really interested to hear what the "better" treatment is (and in comparison to what other treatment). Once you find out, please blog and let us know!

Sue

12:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home