Monday, April 18, 2005

Going Overseas

In just over a week, I'm off overseas for six months on a "working holiday". Well actually it's more work than holiday. OK, in reality, it's going to be all work and no holiday. Anyway, they say that a change is as good as a rest, and I'm really looking forward to it. It's totally different kind of work than I've never done before, and it's going to be an awesome challenge. Just what I need.
Then, when I get back home, I'm going to start my treatment. I was intending to wait another 6 months after I got home, to finish with my current job, but I've decided that I can handle the job and the treatment at the same time.
Speaking of treatment, it's been interesting reading what a couple of people have said about how pegylated interferon is normal procedure in most places. Crikey - I wonder if it isn't somewhat of a hazard living on a little island in the middle of nowhere.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

There are heppers on treatment in NZ who are on pegylated. Get in touch if you want more details. I may be able to put you in contact with them.

Paul.

4:39 am  
Blogger Wendy Kay said...

Hi Filosofette,
Hope all goes well over the next 6 months.
Will you still post on your blog while you are away?
best wishes
Wendy

4:53 am  
Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Hi Filosofette,

Hope that the six months incorporates at least some holiday aspects! Awesome challenge is great - sounds like you're off to new and exciting experiences. Enjoy!

Sue

12:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Filosofette, you have a nice blog. Glad to see it. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on easy wood working project when I found your page. Your site describing Going Overseas is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on easy wood working project then drop by the site above and check it out.

7:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home