Friday, November 18, 2005

Day 3 - And I Feel Fine!

I had my first injection on Tuesday afternoon and now it's Friday afternoon. So it's been three days. Today has been most pleasing indeed. I woke up at 4:30am, because the pain had started. So I took a 500mg paracetamol tablet, went back to sleep, didn't wake up again until 7:00 and I've been perfectly fine all day! The only problem I have is a nagging ache in my neck, which has been there ever since the injection, oh and my eye-sockets ache today for some reason. Apart from that, today just feels like any other day!
I've heard that with Peglated Interferon you usually get two nasty peaks - one 4-6 hours after the injection (yup, I got that alright) and another at around 80 hours. If that's the case, then I could expect a nasty surprise tonight or tomorrow morning.
The paracetamols work wonders, but I worry about taking too many. At first I was over-cautious, and let the pain built up to unbearable before taking them. I'm not sure that that's the best idea, either. But I don't want to be taking them unless it's absolutely necessary.
I guess as time goes on I'll get the hang of when the best times to take them are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home