Monday, November 07, 2005

Week -1 (that's negative one)

So I've got one more week to go before my first injection. I'm feeling positive about it. Especially now that I've got a few clues about what to expect, thanks to some useful info from people who have been thorugh it. Sounds like it doesn't hurt too much, it's not impossible to do-it-yourself, and you don't drop dead immediately afterwards.
Today I had to go back to the lab for another blood test. I only went in a few days ago for what was supposed to be the last one before treatment begins, but the nurse phoned to say she'd forgotten to get me tested for pregnancy and "viral load". Hmm... a couple of fairly important things, you'd think. Oh well, at least she remembered in time.
Another issue that's been running through my mind lately is how, or if, I'm going to tell people about what's going on with me. Not everybody has to know, but I'm thinking if any friends turn up to visit it could be tricky (I live in the middle of nowhere so when friends turn up they stay for a week).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home