Wednesday, November 23, 2005

2nd Injection

I must be the luckiest girl in the world!
Last night I gave myself my second injection. That was around 6:00pm. Then I waited for the aches, shakes, chills and fevers to set in. And waited… and waited… and waited.
At about 10:30, I went to bed, feeling perfectly normal. I put some paracetamol beside the bed, sure that the pain would set in some time during the night. But I slept like a baby and woke up this morning feeling fine, and I’ve felt completely great all day!
I was actually a bit worried about it, wondering if something had gone wrong. But I asked my buddies on the forum (www.ronmetcalfe.com/hepcforum) and it seems that I’m just having a good week!
Apparently there are good weeks and bad weeks. Obviously, this is a good week. The sun’s shining, it’s beautiful late-spring weather, and I’m going to make the most of feeling this good.

By the way, that forum that I mentioned, I highly recommend that anyone who needs advice about Hepatitis C or treatment, go to this forum. The people there are super helpful and knowledgeable.

2 Comments:

Blogger carol said...

Hi Filosofette,

I think its great that you have no side effects. Keep on posting about it. It is nice to have some people with few if any sides to show it can happen. I think everyone reads the forum and gets very worried before they need to. You posting about the good things will help with that.
Best of luck with the rest of treatment. Hope it continues in the same way.

Carol

1:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I'm in NZ also, but on about week 30. Stick with it, I've found the sides have been exhausting at times but not disabling. Resist ribavirin reduction if you end up anaemic, my haemoglobin fell from 13 to 9 and I felt like death but talked them out of reducing the dose. The body adjusts in about a month. Interferon's been a bit more subtle, very irritable sometimes, and concentration is a bit shot.
Still working full time though, office job, workmates don't know although they definitely suspect something, doctors visits, blood tests all the time, and looking thin and pale.
Some people seem to find it really bad, others cruise through. Hope you're in the latter.
Best wishes.

9:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home